Wednesday, February 10, 2010
In Which Patricia Lost her Dinner
They let that be played at school? Now I've seen everything.

And I wish I didn't.

As I write this, I'm eyeing that nice, refreshing can of soda that continues to tempt me with its awesome, fizzy and caffinated contents. In fact, as I reach over for it, I remember the commercial.

Acursed thing.

To be honest, I never really liked the taste of Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sprite, and other such sodas. The only thing I drank out of a can was Crush and Nestea. But that doesn't really make a difference, does it? I don't think so. Sodas are sodas, regardless of what's on the outside, or what its flavours are. Sugar, flavour and caffeine are common in anything that comes in a can or bottle of soda.

And it scares me to think that until now, I've been drinking the stuff like water.

That said, I do agree that the aforementioned commercial is an effective scare tactic. Or rather, it's a disgust tactic. But is it worth showing on TVs across Canada? In America, perhaps, because the rate of obesity there is much higher than up here. If they tax junk food in America, I do believe that it would affect us here. But don't we already pay taxes here anyway, or am I missing something? Nevertheless, by taxing pop and other sweet confectionery, I think that the junk food business would suffer because of a decreasing consumer population. It's universally known that when prices go up, customers levels go down, and this is no exception.

But that isn't necesserily a bad thing. Higher prices for chips means more people would be drawn to the lesser-priced healthy equivalents. Things like yogurt, dried fruits and other such things could replace the unhealthy snacks, but are also delicious and good for the body.

There are positives and negatives to taxing pop and other junk foods. If the government decides to implement that law, then we really can't do anything about it.

And now if you excuse me, I'm going to cleanse my stomach with carrot juice.
posted by p.relatado at 7:21 PM -
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Patricia
Section: 04
Teacher: Ms. Saran
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie