Wednesday, January 20, 2010
There's a Cooking Mama 3?!
Woo-hoo! The best post yet, the Video Game post! Oh, I am going to have fun with this one...

I am not a video game person. I don't own a Playstation 3, or an X-Box. I have a Wii, and my parents only bought it because of Wii Sports. I also owned a Gamecube, and a Nintendo 64. In the Philippines, I had a Super Nintendo. If you hadn't already guessed, I'm a Nintendo person. (I also had one of those old-school Pong machines)


I fully support the statement tha video games have evolved for the better. Not only in graphics and gameplay, but also, especially in the Wii, player movement. Back then, the only part of your body that moved was your fingers, though sometimes, you'd swing your arms, especially while playing a racing game. Today, with a Wii, you have to jump, punch, swing, twist and move around to play. And, with a DDR Dance Mat, you actually have to get up and dance (although Playstations and X-Boxes have this too). Point is, video games have become more interactive, forcing gamers to get up and move around. Don't even get me started on Rockband...


But that's not the only thing that's changed. The visual graphics have improved dramatically. Remember when videogames were 2D and obviously pixelized? Me too. Let's take a look at one of my favourite games, Metroid.
Back in the day, it was a 2D side-scrolling game (Left). Today, it's a 3D first-person shooter (Right). The only thing that remained the same is that Samus is still a girl.


Not only that, but videogames have developed in its content. Back then, videogames were pretty simple. You either have to shoot things, punch people, or save your princess (who, much to your dismay, was always at another castle). Nowadays, there are videogames about cleaning, brain-training, having pets, being a fashion designer...the list goes on. There are even games that lets you take care of a virtual baby! (as if taking care of a real baby wasn't hard enough.)

I've never been big on video games. I don't have much free time, and when I do, I would rather be doing something else beside play my Wii. But if I had to choose, I think I'm happier playing today's videogames. After all, last week, I lost a pound trying to out-hoola-hoop my mom on WiiFit. Take that, Jenny Craig!

Cooking Mama: Lets you make virtual dishes. Mmmm...

posted by p.relatado at 4:43 PM -
3 Comments:
  • At January 27, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Nice, I really like your humor: haha, take that Jenny. Anyway, you had some grammatical errors (sorry but it's my pet peeve). I totally agree with your blog! It's as if video games themselves have become a whole new world. Heck, one could live in video games - I mean with online gaming you interact with thousands of people. Oh, and another thing, I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures. Bye!

     
  • At April 19, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Blogger ★彡 | κrιѕтιne. said…

    First off, I'd like to say that I laughed numerous times while reading this. Loudly. In the quiet computer lab. Thanks for that...Ms. Rayman says, "Hi."

    I completely agree with this entry. Video Games have evolved to the form that they can't even be classified as something lazy people do anymore. Thanks to some technology-buff's desire to make everything seem "real," now we've got games that involve moving more than just mashing buttons and raging at the screen when you die due to an unseen Gomba. I guess it's both a bad thing and a good thing. I mean, people even get to learn skills and accomplish things in games created nowadays. Look at me: I'm a Pokemon Master and have defeated many-a-prosecutor in court. I enjoyed your entry! Are we allowed to do all of our comments on one person's blog?

    And yes, Patricia. There is a Cooking Mama 3.

     
  • At June 7, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Blogger SoleilW said…

    I really liek your take on this. I definitely agree with your post on how it has evolved but I do beleive it is classified as what lazy people do. The only thing that may of chagne a few opinions, and clearly yours, is the new system of Wii and Wii Fit. Which I totally agree has put a spin on the video gaming world, but difintely has not declassified it as a lazy person's activity.

     

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Patricia
Section: 04
Teacher: Ms. Saran
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie